BRE Lic. #01877964
Mr. Brislin joined The Hoffman Company in the fall of 2009 with a focus on urban infill development opportunities mainly within central and greater Los Angeles County.
As of summer 2016, he has closed $115,000,000 dollars’ worth of deals among 50 land transactions, and consistently has an escrow pipeline of five-to-ten transactions at any given time.
Mr. Brislin has quickly become one of the go-to brokers for L.A. His knowledge of the various micro-markets and sub-markets of both Central and Greater Los Angeles has set him apart from the competition and he is regularly called upon by many capital providers, market research firms, appraisers, developers/builders, et al. for his opinions and expertise on the various areas of Los Angeles and other coastal markets.
Prior to his start at The Hoffman Company, he was a Title Officer (T.O.)/Asst. VP at Fidelity National Title Insurance Company for seven years where he was the lead subdivision T.O. for the major homebuilder accounts, including SunCal Cos. who at that time was the largest master developer in the western region of the United States.
In March of 2012, Mr. Brislin was awarded the prestigious Larry Webb Leadership Award by the Urban Land Institute of Orange County/Inland Empire. The prior year, he won a similar award in the Professional Services category. He has produced two different workshops on the popular subject of ‘Small Lots vs. Condos’ for the Building Industry Association, each of which sold out.
Mr. Brislin is a past member of the executive boards for both the Young Leaders Group of the Urban Land Institute and the Next Gen Group of the Building Industry Association. He is a currently a board member of City of Hope’s Los Angeles Real Estate & Construction Industries’ Building Hope, as well as the Urban Infill and Innovative Housing Solutions Committees for the Building Industry Association. In the summer of 2015, Mr. Brislin became one of the founding members of a new council for the OC/IE Urban Land Institute, named NEXT which focuses on enrichment and development for mid-career (ages 35-45) professionals in the real estate industry. He volunteers with Taller San Jose based out of Santa Ana, and in his free time likes to explore the various neighborhoods of Los Angeles.
- Albers: +/- 50 Units – North Hollywood/Los Angeles, CA
- Crescent Heights: 25 Lots – Signal Hill, CA
- Artis: 15 Lots – Echo Park/Los Angeles, CA
- San Dimas: 18 Tentative Map Lots – San Dimas, CA
- Big Bear: 58 Finished Lots – Big Bear City, CA
- Toland: 15 Lots/Approved TTM – Eagle Rock/Los Angeles, CA
- Carlin Village: 22 Lots/Recorded Final Map – Lynwood/Los Angeles, CA
- White Oak: 27 Lots – Northridge/Los Angeles, CA
- Bruce Court: 14 Lots – Echo Park/Los Angeles, CA
- Center St: 15 Lots – Redlands
- 2590 Glendale Blvd: Retail Center – Silver Lake/Los Angeles, CA
- Estates at Old Wheeler: 13 Finished Lots – La Verne
- 8th & Centre: 24 Future Lots – San Pedro/Los Angeles, CA
- Marmion Way: 50 Units – Cypress Park/Los Angeles, CA
- Riverton: 15 Lots – Toluca Lake/Los Angeles, CA
- Ben Avenue: 15 Lots – Valley Village/Los Angeles, CA
- Lamb Property: +/- 1,200 Acres – Chino Hills, CA
- Jack Rabbit Trail: +/- 622 Acres – Beaumont, CA
Background | Education
2009 – Present
The Hoffman Company, Land Broker
Central & Greater Los Angeles; Coastal Markets
2009 – 2010
Light Construction & Development Management (LCDM)
University of California, Irvine
2001 – 2008
Fidelity National Title, Major Accounts/Builders Services
Title Officer, Asst. Vice President
2006 – 2009
Bachelor of Arts, English
California State University – Fullerton
Building Industry Association of Southern California (BIA)
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
California Real Estate Sales Agent